Monday, February 29, 2016

2nd Grade Friendzy Week 1

This week my students work on phonics on the 2nd Grade Friendzy app. This app can be easily downloaded for free from the app store on an iPad or iPhone. This app has a lot to offer, which makes it an awesome for kids and parents. There is a lot you can choose from for second grade instruction on this app. When you first open it up, you can choose from Learning Center, Single Friendzy, Multi-Friendzy and Friendzy Challenge.

In my classroom, I have only done Learning Center. Under Learning Center, there are different subject areas students can work on. They can choose from Reading, Math, Language, Time, Money, Phonics, Measurement, Geography, Social Studies and Science. For week 1, I have chosen for my students to work on Phonics. In the Phonics section, there are many level students can work their way through. I had all my students begin on Level 1.

The questions are fun to answer and there is no time limit. Students are give a question, such as "Complete the sentence: 'I think I need to go _____ it is too late.'' Then the student is given four answers to choose from. A. off, B. around, C. before, and D. many. Once the student answers the question it will tell them if their answer was correct. If it was the student will gain points, if it is wrong they will not receive any points. If the student gets too many questions wrong, the student has to do the level all over again.

My students really enjoyed playing this game. It was challenging for most of them which was nice. They liked having to figure out what made sense or what the word might begin with. Some of my students had a really hard time and I feel that for next week I might have them try with 1st Grade Friendzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment