Monday, March 14, 2016

2nd Grade Friendzy Week 2

The first week with 2nd grade Friendzy the students worked with the phonics section of this app. The second week I had the students go on the reading section. The students enjoyed this app but it was not their favorite.

For this app, the students had to read questions and answer them by choosing the correct choice. It was not as fun and interactive as the previous game because it was just a test. They did enjoy it because it was on the iPad but it was not a "game".

I would definitely use this app again but I think I would use it for math. There are two sections of the app that are great for second grade math. There is money and time, which are both challenging concepts for students to grasp. I am planning on using this app again for review of those two topics in math. I do not plan on using it again for reading because it was a bit too boring for my students.

This app also had the ability to be multi-player. I would definitely like to utilize this later in my teaching. I would use this when my students are reviewing time and money because it could be like a competition which my students love. I would like to find out more about how the multiplayer works before I begin it in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment