Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Sight Words 2 Week 1

Sight Words 2 is an app for First and Second Grade students. There are multiple games students can play to practice sight words. There is a word tour, find n shoot, unscramble, memory game, bingo and practice words. The games are all one player and are easy for students to pick up on. Sound is not necessary for this application but it can be helpful. Students can hear the name of the letter when building the words while playing the games.

I have used this app in my classroom to help my students review sight words. This week I had them play the unscramble game. This game is where the student is given a word and its letters, but the letters are not in order. The student has to drag the letter to create the word. There are also different levels of difficulty.

My students have loved playing this game. Many of my students even improved their ability to read sight words because of this game. I had all my students playing on the easy level and my students' only complaint was that the words were too easy. If I use the app again, I would make sure that certain students would have more challenging words and some who use the easy level.


No comments:

Post a Comment