Sunday, March 20, 2016

Sight Words 2 Week 2

Last week my students had a great time using the Sight Words 2 app. I had all students do the unscramble game on the easy level. This week I allowed the students to play any of the five other games on the app. Many chose to play the shoot n find and the bingo game. Some students played on more challenging levels.

This week my students seemed to like this game even more. Many said the shoot n find game was fun and challenging because they not only had to aim but they had to find the correct word that was being read to them. Some of my students who struggle with reading said they liked this game the best so far. It helped them to work on their sight words, which is not usually something students need to work on in second grade. My struggling readers had a great time being able to practice these skills in a fun and exciting way.

This app is probably my favorite that I have used. I felt that there was at least one game each of my students would like. The games are all very different and so are my students, so I was glad to find one app that all my students enjoyed so much. This game is definitely one that I will use again in my classroom, especially to help my struggling readers with their sight word practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment